English Immersion experience
What to expect
Would you like to improve your English skills combined with a fun stay in France, exploring our beautiful area of the Charentes? The perfect way to really experience France is to enjoy a full English Immersion Experience with La Grue Gites, real exposure to life in France whilst improving your English skills.
We all learn best when we are relaxed and interested in what we are doing – and that is what we strive to achieve – a friendly, supportive and structured learning environment.
We welcome students from the age of 9 years old here into our home to learn English in a fun, engaging way and it’s a family affair. Carol carefully plans teaching programmes tailored to your needs and interests (it’s really important to us that you enjoy your learning) and our whole family ensures you are fully immersed in the English language during your time with us.
Types of stay
We offer full stays, half days or full day-only provision. So, you could come on holiday as a family, stay in one of our gites and book in for a day or two of language work. We are happy to develop a programme to suit you.
We also provide hourly tuition either one to one or in small groups.
Who do we help?
We currently welcome French students who wish to improve their understanding and confidence in using English and although we can speak French, we do our absolute best not to. We use actions and other words to encourage your understanding.
We recognise the local need for adults wishing to improve their conversational and written English in the workplace and again, provide tailored programmes of individual or group learning.
We also welcome English students who may need extra support and confidence to pass exams or simply ‘catch-up’ and deepen understanding.
As an English teacher with over twenty years’ experience across the Primary and Secondary phases, Carol specialises in enabling you to make real progress in Literacy.
Delivering in-service training for teachers and for the Youth Service and as a voluntary worker for speakers of other languages; Carol also has plenty of experience teaching adults too.
Martin’s experience lies in the pastoral field in Secondary school and Sixth Form College. He also spent many years serving as a school governor.
We are both really happy to share our references with you and to provide referees from the UK and reviews from satisfied students here in France.
We were inspected by the French Government in 2019 as part of our work with ‘Daily English’ and we passed with flying colours.
English immersion programs
For adult learners:
- Conversational French.
- Grammar for reading and grammar for writing.
- Tailored course to match your workplace and/or social needs.
What is included in a full board stay?
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and evening meal).
- Twin bedroom with separate shower room and toilet, bath towels and pool towels.
- Daily lesson of 1.5 to 2 hours (depending on age and requirements).
- Bespoke lesson planned according to your preferences and needs – fun, engaging and ‘hands-on’.
- Afternoon activity in ENGLISH. For example, visit to Donkey Sanctuary; local Chateaux; Swimming; Bike ride; Baking; visit to the Zoo; Treasure Hunt; Plan d’eau, Snail Farm and Museum, Horseriding and Fishing.
- Evening activity such as a family board game, Movie night, pizza evening, marshmallow toasting.
Call us directly to discuss your requirements, we are always happy to help.